Monday, April 9, 2012

Linzer Spritzgebaeck

My friend from Austria also invited me over one day to make Linzer Spritzgebaeck. They are really yummy, although my dough was too think to squeeze so I had to form them by hand. We ate them for FHE. I need to make some for Tyler one day. I promised him I would. Maybe for his birthday.

2 c. flour
2 sticks butter softened
1/2-3/4 c. powered sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk at room temperature
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of lemon zest

Cream butter, add little sugar than a little egg until incorporated. Do not use a stand mixer. It must be done by hand, which is why my dough was too think. Add salt, vanilla, lemon zest, and then slowly add the flour. Bake at 375

You want to make them into strips that are equal size so you can put them together using jam, apricot or orange but you could use any flavor you like. Then dip the ends in chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment