Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We had one of the best Easter's that I can remember, other than Tyler was not there. I had been asked to speak in church on the resurrection and of course my family came to support me. We then had Easter dinner at my mom's and Sister Ruka joined us. She does a great job of ensuring we have FHE each Sunday afternoon and this Sunday we discussed the highlights from General Conference. For Easter dinner we had ham, funeral potatoes, roasted asparugus, salad, crescent rolls, green olives, and deviled eggs. The last two are staples at the holidays. It was very yummy but the best was the cake. My mom made a four layer yellow cake with pineapple and madarin oranges mixed in cream between the layers. That was fantastic all on its own, but then we decorated it with Peeps and Brach's easter shaped marshmallow candies, just like at my grandmother's house when we were kids. The Peeps and Brach's candy were so disqusting but delicious as it brought back memories. I had a pink egg and it tasted pink, just like when I was a kid. We had a great time. And of course in the evening, we watched Once Upon a Time. Kristina and Scott dropped off Jax as his mother doesn't like him. Seriously, who doesn't like Jax? They stopped by and had some cake with us.
 My mom decorating the cake, which she stressed over. We had to make a special trip to the store for the Peeps and Brach's eggs.
 The finished result - It was AWESOME!
 Michael and Sister Ruka waiting for dinner
David, taking it easy and relaxing before dinner

1 comment: