Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cape May

When we picked up Tyler in New Jersey we stayed with the most awesome family - the Zetlins. I will have to write more in detail about our trip but one of the days I had designated for New Jersey, Sister Zetlin suggested we go to Cape May. OMG, I want to go back there so much on vacation. It is gorgeous and the beach is really nice. It is the oldest beach resort. Check out the website http://www.capemaycity.com/. I took video so do not have any pictures. We drove out to a lighthouse and walked out on the beach. Tyler of course could not swim but we did wade in the water tyring to scrape up shells and Cape May diamonds, which are these rocks, that when polished, become clear like diamonds. They make jewellery out of them that you can purchase. So, since we did not want to get wet we rolled our pants up and tried to run out and grab a handful of shells and rocks before the wave came in. It was really tricky and I'm usually pretty quick but both Tyler and me got drenched by a wave because we got tempted trying to grab a huge shell. Of course, the seagulls started mocking me - dumb birds. I did get them on camera trying to wade in and running when the wave would come hoping they would get drenched in a wave but they didn't. We took a trolley tour of the Victorian houses. I told Tyler it would be a great place for him to propose and find a Cape May diamond to set in a ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment